We are committed to find diverse and talented residents seeking to treat medically and socially complex patients with dignity and compassion through a broad range of longitudinal clinical, educational, and research opportunities. We perform thoughtful and holistic reviews of all applicants, and we exclude standardized test scores in our review process.
- Health, dental, and vision, disability, and life insurance with opportunities to earn discounts
- Discounted parking on campus, bicycle commuter benefits
- Discounted rates at UChicago gym
- Optional retirement accounts with employee matching opportunities
- Educational fund that covers study materials or conference fees
- Applicants are required to submit applications via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Applications should include 4 letters of recommendation:
- 1 from MSPE/Dean of Students
- 1 from Department of medicine Chair or their designee
- 2 from additional faculty members who have directly supervised your work
- ERAS supplemental application is optional
- International Medical Graduates must apply through the ECFMG office in Philadelphia. Please call (215) 386-5900 for details.
- Three months of supervised U.S. clinical experience is a mandatory requirement. Please note that an observership or externship is not considered clinical experience.
- Applicants must register for the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
All interviews will be virtual
- Our interview season will run from November 2 to January 12
- All applicants who are invited to interview will also be offered an optional informal virtual social event with our housestaff.
5841 S Maryland Avenue MC 7082
Chicago, IL 60637
“Being an intern in internal medicine was a busy and challenging year, but I certainly learned a lot. I was also able to meet and work with amazing cointerns and make some incredible lifelong friends.” – Mike Z., Prelim 2020